• The mortgage to be refinanced must already be FHA insured.
• The mortgage to be refinanced must be current (not delinquent).
• The refinance results in a net tangible benefit to the borrower. The definition of
net tangible benefit varies based on the type of loan being refinanced, and
the interest rate and/or term of the new loan.
• Cash in excess of $500 may not be taken out on mortgages refinanced using the streamline refinance process.
FHA 203K (Rehab)
• structural alterations and reconstruction
• modernization and improvements to the home's function
• elimination of health and safety hazards
• changes that improve appearance and eliminate obsolescence
• reconditioning or replacing plumbing; installing a well and/or septic system
• adding or replacing roofing, gutters, and downspouts
• adding or replacing floors and/or floor treatments
• major landscape work and site improvements
• enhancing accessibility for a disabled person
• making energy conservation improvements